Linksys Velop is a three-packed mesh WiFi system that works as a router when connected to a modem. It has a parent node and the other two work as child nodes. The Velop home mesh system helps to extend the reach of the WiFi signals into your home. So, if you want to install a Velop router in your home, this article will help you to make hardware installation and Linksys Velop login process easy and comfortable via login URL or Linksys app.
How to Install Linksys Velop?
You will find three-pack nodes in the box, one node will be connected to the modem router and the two will be connected to the parent node. To connect all the hardware parts you have to follow some simple steps below.
- Use an Ethernet cable to establish the connection between the Velop parent node and modem.
- Locate the LAN port of the modem and WAN port of the Velop node and connect the network cable to the ports.
- You have to connect the child nodes to the parent node using the Ethernet cable.
- Be sure the Ethernet cable you are using will not be loose after the connection.
- Now, turn on the modem first and then the Velop nodes.
You have completed the hardware part of the process. You can go onto the next step of the process which is to log in to the Linksys Velop.
How to Access the Router?
You can log in to the router via the login URL and Linksys application. If you are using your computer to access the interface of the router you can use linksyssmartlogin.com or linksyssmartlogin.net. Let’s take a look at how you can easily log in with your desktop.
Login via URL
Just follow some of the steps that will help you to access the router.
Step 1: Connect your desktop to the Velop network via Ethernet cable.
Step 2: Open any internet browser like Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Opera Mini.
Step 3: Locate the web address bar and type linksyssmartwifi.com or linksyssmartwifi.net in it. Then press the Enter key.
Step 4: Now, it will take you to the login page of the router, where you have to fill in your default user details in the blanks. Usually,
- The username is “admin”.
- The password is “password”
Step 5: After this, you will be able to successfully log into the interface of the router.
Here you can change the existing password and manage the settings of the router. Also, you can configure the network of the WiFi.
Login via Linksys App
You could log in using your smartphone, tablet, or iPhone via the Linksys app. Just follow some of the simple steps:
- Firstly, connect your internet device to the network of the Velop router.
- Then, open Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Locate the search bar and search Linksys app on it.
- After this action, you will see the information about the latest version of the app and a download option.
- Go through the information and then download the app.
- Install the app into your device.
- Open the application, it will ask you to enter your default user details into the blacks. Just fill the username and the password with the help of user manual.
- Then tap next. Now, you’ve logged into the router and can manage the networks and settings. Also, you can change the existing password by answering some of the security questions.
The Last Words
Linksys Velop mesh extender system has three nodes in a box which works as a router and extender as well. It extends the area and speed of internet, so that you could access the internet from anywhere in your home. So, it’s important that the installation process of the Linksys Velop has done correctly. In this article, you’ve learned how you can setup and login into the Velop system step by step. We hope you install your Velop mesh system without error.